Thursday, November 7, 2013

On my birthday

Dear Mom,

On Scarlett's birthday, I like to think the day is half about me.  It's my momaversary.  We eat sushi because that's what I like, and I tell her how she was born and I became a mama on the same day.  So today, on my own birthday, I thought you should know that I'm thinking about you and all the times I probably spit up on your work clothes, and kissed you when I had terrible breath, and poked your face while you were trying to nap, and woke you up at night.  I remember in my old bedroom in the Barger drive house, that you would sing to me as I fell asleep.  Scarlett doesn't ever want me to sing, but she did sing happy birthday to me in the car today, the best version I have ever heard.  Thank you for being the mom you are, and teaching me to be a good mom to my own little girl.

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment