Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shots from Charlie's Birthday Party

For a few blissful months each summer-fall, Charlie and I are the same age.  Until November, when I turn into an older woman again.

This year was was the third, maybe fourth?, annual BBQ in honor of Charlie's birthday.  We had a lot of sun, a kiddie pool, corn-holing (thanks Parkers), crab cakes, and the Blues Brothers.






Birthday Boy
There were some adults there too, but I guess I didn't take pictures of them.

For Charlie's actual, mid-week birthday, we went to Foster Burger.  Have you been there?  It's delicious, they make a mean veggie burger, you should go.  The waitress recognized us from last time.


We went on a date to see Mamma Mia for his birthday gift, and Uncle Tom put Scarlett to bed.  He only had to read her The Runaway Bunny 3 times to get her to fall asleep, whereas I have to read it like a bazillion times when I'm doing bedtime.

And now, we're off to another adventure: Hood to Coast's 30th anniversary.  As if it wasn't horrible enough, they've extended it from 197 to 200 miles.  Ahoy- the Viking Runners are on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment