Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy

Yesterday, she was standing with a bowl of roasted carrots and saying 'happy, happy.'  Later, at the store, she started pointing at a box and saying 'happy?  happy?' and when I handed it to her, she said 'happy'. 


Speaking of happy things:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FIRST NIECE, MY BEAUTIFUL NIECE, HOPE ELIZABETH!  I remember the day she was born, five years ago.  It was so hot, and I drove to Vancouver while Sally was in labor.  I was wearing job interview clothes so the outfit was thick and starchy.  We waited all day for this baby, not knowing if we were about to have a nephew or a niece.  She was born just before midnight, on her parents' five year wedding anniversary.  And now she seems all grown up and older than her years, sometimes Charlie and I forget that she's a little kid.  She takes such good care of her little cousin Scarlett, they adore each other so much, they're very lucky to have each other.



Which leads me to one more happy thing.  HAPPY TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY SALLY AND TOM!  Ten years is totally inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment