Tuesday, June 14, 2011

16 Months

Dear Scarlett Ray, Today I am the proud mama of a joyful, silly, sweet 16-month old.  Your daddy is calling you 'four thirds'.  You like running up to your dad and tickling his knee, we call it a 'sneak tickle'.  With your plodding feet and silly laughter, you aren't very sneaky, but we don't mind.  You like pretending to hide under blankets.  You like to help daddy pick out a t-shirt every morning; you sit in the big flat tupperware that holds all his shirts and laugh.  Mama and daddy like chasing you around the house, hiding, and jumping out to scare you.

This month, we went to a fair with Lucy, where we saw alpacas, and baby pigs with their mama.  When we got back to the parking lot after, I saw that I'd left Arnie sitting on top of the car.  Wow.  Really dodged a bullet there.  I'm thinking Arnie should stay at home from now on.



Daddy started watching little Ramona about two months ago, and you've been so helpful.  You share your toys and give her kisses.  One of your favorite words is 'Eddie', Ramona's daddy.  You point at him enthusiastically and say 'Eddie, Eddie, Eddie' when he comes to pick her up.  Lately, you've been saying his name when he's not around. 


You also discovered a love of these seasonally inappropriate boots.  You and Hope were playing in the water fountain last weekend and your boots were all wet, so after that they were out of commission for a couple days.  This was very hard for you, because you love those boots.  Maybe you'll be a shoe-lover like your Auntie Lo Lo?  You certainly wouldn't have gotten that from me.


Life with you is getting more fun, and sometimes much easier.  This weekend you and I made a batch of blueberry muffins together.  You helped me pour and stir, though I waited until you were napping to fill the muffin tins.  I want us to start cooking together.  You seem very interested in it- at least, in putting your hand in a hot pan. 

I think I'm going to start saying that you are one & a half. 


I couldn't be more blessed than I am with you and your daddy.  I love you.
Mama

1 comment:

  1. She gets the inappropriate shoe attire from me. I like boots all year long as well. :) Smooches!

    ReplyDelete