Friday, February 4, 2011

"Nanya"

List of things I don't want to forget:

Scarlett has a word for dog, and it sounds like 'nanya'.  When we say dog, she smiles and says nanya.  When we point at a dog on the street, or a dog picture in a book, she says nanya.  She repeats it back to us, dog, nanya, dog, nanya. She thinks she is saying what we're saying- I can only assume she knows some special, secret language that the rest of us don't know.

Yesterday at the grocery store, I bought small red bananas because I thought she'd be stoked.

Charlie has been teaching her to help.  Their new thing is, once she's done eating, she helps him push the high chair into the corner to put it away.

In the mornings after she's eaten, we used to go on a walk or play with toys.  Now, she heads straight for our bedroom door, and goes in to wake Charlie up.

She is very interested in lights.  She stares and points at night lights and lamps and the light fixture on the ceiling.  At night, as part of her bedtime routine, she and Charlie turn off a hot air balloon light in her room.  She gets so excited to turn off the light with daddy.  She's also interested in our ceiling fan and likes to stare up at it.

I've hit my picture storage quota on this blog, so no more pictures until I learn to do a little resizing.  Which is sad, because I had a cute picture of Scarlett eating an apple to post here.  OH GREAT IT IS FIXED.  Please note, I had to pay $5 so I could post this picture of Scarlett and others that will follow.  I hope it's worth it.

Look at that chubby hand and wristbow!

1 comment:

  1. totally worth it because I just made ALL my co-workers in my department come look at Scarlett pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete